"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be 'happy'. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter and to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all."

- Leo C. Rosten

Monday, June 1, 2009

Golden Beach



This rising sun captivated me so much that I stood there mesmerised for some time after taking this shot. It was an extraordinary experience as I had stretched myself to great lengths from walking for hours endlessly along coast lines to going into waist-deep water of the turbulent sea with fishermen to takes snaps of the moments of coastal life. I hope you will like this picture.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Captivating indeed! I love coastal snaps too.

Ron said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Great capture.

As a fellow shooter, I can understand how you stood there mesmerized by its beauty. Sometimes, we need to do that in order to let it all soak in. I look forward to seeing your photos of your adventures!

Be well.

Subhanjan said...

That was beautifully said Ron. And thank you Kiran.

Santanu Sinha Chaudhuri said...

Absolutely breathtaking, Subhanjan. I look forward to seeing the rest of the pictures.

Best wishes.

a.erakkil said...

Wow Subhanjan! mesmerising indeed. lovely scene..!
looking forward to more of your photographic adeventures.

a.erakkil said...

wonderful collection at your website Subhanjan.

Subhanjan said...

Thank You Anoop and Mr. Chaudhury, I am so glad to know that you liked my pictures.

floreta said...

i love this picture. the colors and reflection. it is also interesting to me to see the groups of people scattered in shadows. they are quite evenly spaced..

Aman said...

where was this shot...i mean which beach. truly marvellous. hey y don't u enter the sony shootout contest. u truly wud win some prizes there. its a remarkable work sony is doing to recognise amateur talent. heres d link if u want to visit:http://shootout.sony.co.in/index.htm

Subhanjan said...

That is very kind of you Aman. I shall check it out soon. And the beach is at Digha, a small sea-side town of West Bengal, India.

Deboshree said...

Beautiful.Simply breath taking!

Deboshree